Happy Wednesday Everyone.
I was off today which enabled me to work on a few things that I have been putting off. To start with, my Son had this beautiful Red Polo Shirt, that he had out grown and I re-made it into a peek a boo shoulder, shirt. Perfect for the Fourth of July. This was not super easy , but it wasn't super hard either. Everything went relatively smoothly, after I figured out how I wanted to re-size it.
Things you need
1. Old shirt, not to big
2. Sewing machine
4. Thread same color as your shirt
5. Large Safety Pins
1. I cut out two triangles at the shoulder, once you cut one, use that as a template for the other side. Be careful not to cut it too big.
2. Turn your shirt inside out .Grab one of the shirts that fits you perfect. Lay that on top of your shirt and mark with chalk.
3. Pin your shirt with safety pins, Turn your shirt to the back, see the pleat going down the middle? I pinned that down on both sides. Then try it on to see how it fits. If everything fits well, sew where you pinned, I also stitched around where I cut the triangles out to keep it from fraying.
4. Roll up the sleeves and pin them or stitch them.
5. I also hemmed just the back, to make it shorter that the front.
Two more days until the long weekend!