Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Braided Back Tee #4: DIY

Want a cute braided tank?

Grab a t-shirt, needle and thread, a pair of scissors and follow me.



Tutorial
Things you need.

  1.  Shirt (Mine was a large mens)
  2. Scissors
  3. Needle
  4. Thread 
  5. Chalk


Mark your shirt.
Front


 and 
The Back.

Cut the front.
 
 Cut the back.

 Take the front of your shirt and cut 3 pieces so you can braid it.


Braid both sides.

  Cut down the middle of the back of your shirt about 3 inches into your shirt.

 Tie it in a double knot.
 This is where you can adjust the shirt to fit you.

 Take each piece from the back and cut that into three pieces.

 Braid

 Tie off all 4 braids.

 Take your two front braids and criss cross them in the back,
 then pin them to the back of your shirt.
*here is another place where you can adjust the shirt to fit you.

Take your back braids and pin them up to the top braids.

With a needle and thread attach your braids and stitch your bottom  braids to the edge of the shirt.

 Trim the excess material.





 Now you have a cute little summer tank.
Have a wonderful Sunday.
Lots of <3,
Anne

11 comments:

  1. Awesome top! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for tomorrow morning that links to your tutorial:
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-braided-back-tank/2014/07/31/
    --Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made this and it turned out really well for my first attempt! My only reccomendation is when you cut down the back before tying it, don't be afraid to do a long cut, mine is much higher in the neck because I was afraid to cut too far down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love it. I'm very happy that I found this and am now loving my top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your creative concepts, just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a t-shirt laying around, just made this makeover to it and presto! New shirt for my oncoming trip to the Caribbean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a t-shirt laying around, just made this makeover to it and presto! New shirt for my oncoming trip to the Caribbean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm curious as to how tightly you made the braids. I seem to have LOTS of extra.
    Additionally, they're uneven lengths.
    Maysplayce@yahoo.com is my email and would love to chat!

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!