Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Monday, July 14, 2014

Sweatshirt Re-style, Drawstring Skirt DIY.

I saw this skirt while I was looking thorough Victoria's Secret and
 I thought it would be so  easy to make out of a sweatshirt.




Tutorial 
Things you need.
  1. Sweatshirt
  2.  Scissors
  3. Scrap tee-shirt
  4. Safety pin
  5. Studs*Optional *Hobby lobby
 I found this sweatshirt at Wal-mart for $5.
Cut the sweatshirt straight 
right below the arms.
 I took another shirt and cut an 1 1/2 inch  strip to make my tie.
 Stretch it out to make a string.
 Cut a small hole in the band.
be careful to only cut one layer

Place your string on a safety pin or
I used a hair clip.
Weave the string through the hole all the way around the skirt and pull it out on the other side.
tie  a knot on each end of your ties.
 If you want to spice up your skirt add some studs or paint.
 Whatever you want to make it your own creation.
 I placed studs all the way down both sides.
or you could just leave it plain.

 A great little summer skirt or beach cover up,
all for just $6.
For more DIY visit my
 Pinterest Page

Lots of <3.
Anne

4 comments:

  1. I could use a few of these!! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for this afternoon that links to your tutorial:
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-no-sew-drawstring-sweatshirt-skirt/2014/07/15/
    --Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Thanks for sharing this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a smaller sweat shirt would be ideal so the string wouldn't make the skirt gather so much. All in all, a very good, creative post. I just might try it!!

    www.MiraLaBelle.com

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!