Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Glitter Shoe Fix #2




I have saved these shoes once before, when I stepped in a grate and scrapped up the heels.
HERE is that Tutorial.
Now, because of water stains, scrapped up toes,and just all around wear and tear  
I have decided to rescue them one more time.
Covering the toe part of these shoes with glitter became the perfect solution.
I have found over the years that  Glitter and Glue is the easiest way to rescue shoes.



Things You Need
  1.  Old shoes you do not want to discard. 
  2. Aleene's All purpose glue * Michaels
  3. Aleene's Max Tacky Adhesive*Michaels
  4. Brush 
  5. Martha Stewart Ultra fine Glitter *Michaels
 Well worn shoes.
Clean your shoes really well.
 Cover your Toes with Glue
 Sprinkle with your Glitter 
Let Dry
Repeat 2 more times.
Let dry.
Coat with one final top  coat of glue.


I wore these with a beautiful Sequin skirt for a Christmas dinner out with Family.

I love how they turned out
Saving my shoes once again from a certain trash pile.
Have a Beautiful and prosperous 
New Year.
Happy 2015!
Lots Of <3,
Anne
For more of my DIY 
check out my
Pinterest
Facebook
Instagram
Twitter

8 comments:

  1. Lovely.
    Merci
    www.chic-on-thrift.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this tutorial! Help me out: the max tacky adhesive and the all purpose glue are mixed together, then applied, correct? Also, during the 2nd and 3rd application, after drying, I apply Glue then Glitter, correct? Thanks for clarifying this for me. I'm too literal. If I don't see it ,I won't do it right. Thanks for saving countless of shoes from the dumpster. Your blog is AWESOME! Great ideas and info. Thanks for all you do for us non talented people 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame there's no reply here, as I was just thinking of asking the same questions :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, that is correct. Glue than glitter: than let dry than another layer of glue than glitter and repeat the steps until you get the desired look you want. Apply a final layer of glue than let that dry to seal it.

      Delete
  3. They look great! What made you decide to not do the back strap portion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is just a personal preference. you can glitter what ever you want.
      Have a great day.

      Delete
  4. Also, why do all the links in your header resolve to Pinterest? It's makes maneuvering a hassle, as you have to keep going back and forth. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Deb! I have it linked the Tabs at the top to Pinterest because you can quickly scroll through the Pictures of my projects and find the ones you like,Then all you have to do is click on the picture and it should take you to the instructions. You also have the option of clicking on the search button on my blog and searching that way, but that does not show pictures like Pinterest does. Either way you are clicking on something and it is taking you to the instructions. I hope this helps, Thanks for the question.
      Anne

      Delete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!