Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Saturday, December 19, 2015

The Black Cat Shirt, DIY

 Tulip Color Shot Fabric paint is like spray paint for fabric.
Quick an easy to use.  It has quickly become one of my very favorite products when I do any kind of painting on material (and I do a lot of T-shirt DIY's ) 
This shirt idea came after my family and I took a trip to Epcot this past week.
Pairs is my favorite place to wonder around. Sometime I just sit in the gardens and watch people.
I have never been to Pairs, hopefully that will be a place I see someday soon.
XXOO




Things you need.

 Shirt
Stencil( I found one on the internet and printed it out) 
Knife
Contact paper
Scissors* if you want to cut your collar off
Cutting board 
Piece of cardboard
Paper Towels

Cut the stencil out on a cutting board


 Flip the stencil over so that it is backwards on top of the contact paper.
You want this backwards because when you flip it over it will be right.
The sticky side is going down on the shirt.
Trace the stencil
Place a piece of cardboard between the shirt.
 Peal off the contact paper and place the stencil down centered on the shirt
 pressing all the corners and edges  down.
 Place paper towels around the outside of the shirt
I taped mine down so that they do not fly off.
This protects the shirt from over spray
 Spray the shirt using a sweeping  motion.
You want build the color,  careful  not linger to long in one place.

 Wait about 5 to 10 minutes before peeling off the contact paper.
Tip *Blot off any of  the excess paint from the stencil before it is removed.
You should get crisp clean edges.
Glue down a few Crystals
I put mine around the neck of the cat
One pretty crystal on top of the Eiffel  Tower.


 Let dry 48 hours before washing 
 Wash in cold water hang dry.
I hope you all have a fabulous day
doing whatever you love to do.
Lots of love to you all.
OOXX
Anne
For more of my DIY

 or I am also on
And

1 comment:

  1. Anne: You make this look so easy, love the french pattern.
    Thank-you for sharing.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!