Home        T-Shirt DIY's     Re-Styles      WobiSobi DIY's        Videos 

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Double Criss, Cross Tee DIY.


First post of 2018 and I am really excited about this New Year.
I have been  feeling a little discouraged and not really knowing what direction I wanted  to go in with my blog over the last 6 months. The death of  my Grandmother effected me to my  core...

I finally have decided to go back and re-discover all the things I love. Incorporating different DIYs  like jewelry, clothes and of course T-shirts (My favorite.)  Getting back to my creativity feeds and heals my soul, Which is what I desperately need.   If you are  going though difficult times in your life; if you feel defeated, uninspired, depressed, anxious, not really knowing why your here what your life's purpose is, this is the advice I would give.  Take some time to regroup to try and identify the feeling under why you are feeling this way. Walk, meditate, eat well, read encouraging works, listen to encouraging people and song, seek professional help if you have to. Your spirit is trying to grow during this time, to become stronger; help it grow by feeding it what it wants. If you do not know what feeds your soul, do some soul searching.  Try and identify  what brings you happiness; Is it music, art, writing,  cooking, teaching,  nature, gardening,  what makes your feel good?.  Still can't find what you need?, think about when you were a kid, what was the one thing that brought you joy.  Your soul will know when you find it, cultivate that, work it into a job. Dare to dream for it.  You will come through it I promise.  It may take time, but it will happen.  You will be different and you will be stronger.

So now lets do this Tee Shirt.




Things You Need.
  • Tee Shirt
  • Scissors
  •  Chalk
  • Needle & thread
  • Sewing machine
  • Straight pins

  • Mark and Cut off the sleeves.

  • Cut the back of the shirt away from the collar
  • Mark  4 equal sections.

  • Cut each of the 4 sections into 4 strips.
  • 16 total strips
  • Divide the 16 strips, making 8 on each side 
  • Start with one side 
  • There should be 8 strips
  • You are going to be weaving 4 strips into the other 4 strips.









  • Do the exact same for the other side.

  • Now weave the middle strips together.

  • Tack the strips up on the collar by hand basting
  •  Check to make sure it is all evenly spaced.

  • Using your sewing machine sew the strips back to the collar.
  • Trim the excess off



and your all done.
Have a Beautiful Day.
XXOO
Anne

4 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back, wonderful! Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, you just made my day! Thank you so much. I have missed creating.

      XXOOO

      Delete
  2. Hey dude, I just found your blog but was heartbroken to learn that you have stopped blogging due to a death. I am deeply sorry for your loss and I wish you all the best energies to heal your heart. I absolutely adore this shirt and I will let you know if I do attempt this look. I was stoked to find some tutorials from another Floridian. Thank you so much and welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a question, I have learned (through different projects I have done) that when you cut a shirt in the strips that when you put it in the washer it tends to stretch and does not hold its shape. How you take care/wash this design? Sorry I know this is a very old post but I found it on pintrest and I find it amazing. and I am sorry for your loss

    ReplyDelete

I would LOVE to hear from you. If you have a question, Please leave your Email so that I can respond. I try and respond to all my comments. Have a beautiful day!!